Pages

Wednesday 31 May 2017

The Amazing Truth About Moving Out Of Your COMFORT ZONE

You might be wondering what a comfort zone is. What is it that you do every day? Do you wake up at 8 am and go to a job that you have been in for years? That's a comfort zone. Do you only paint pictures of landscapes? That's a comfort zone. Do you love singing but avoid doing so in public because it makes you nervous? Then that's something outside of your comfort zone. 

I am an anxious, nervous person by nature so I always stayed in my comfort zone. Why would I want added stress in my life? That has changed recently. Graduation from university required me to public speak. A lot. So if I wanted that degree, I needed to so it. After I graduated high school, I needed a job. I took one as a youth care worker where I work with children with challenging behaviors. That caused me a lot of anxiety in the beginning as the work was brand new to me. My brother talked to into going to Los Angeles with him. Traveling independently was definitely out my comfort zone, but I did it. Posting my art online and blogging. These things are new to me and it was challenging and stressful to do so. 

Why would you want to do something that causes you stress or anxiety? Moving out of your comfort zone is an opportunity for amazing growth. The anxiety that you feel when you are doing something new is good! It means you are learning and growing. 

So if you want to grow, move out of your comfort zone. Make the change. It can be something small like posting your art work online or something big like changing careers. And if you don't want to grow, by all means stay in your bubble. But before you make that decision, read further for what you will experience when you move out of your comfort zone. 

1. You Will Learn

When you try something new you will make mistakes but you will also learn from those mistakes. And you will just learn in general which is an enriching experience. Learning is great. Who doesn't want to be more knowledgeable?

2. You Will Appreciate Failure And Rejection

Moving out of your comfort zone is not always easy. You may face criticism, failure and even rejection. Keep going! If you do, you will come to see these things as an opportunity. When one door closes, ten more open, right?

3. You Will Gain Confidence

If you survived switching careers or singing in public, you will never sweat the small stuff. You will have this confidence that makes you feel like you conquer the world (and you definitely can!). 

4. You Will Become Unstoppable

I'm not joking. More out of your comfort zone a few times and you will become addicted. I'm always looking for a change and to try something new. 

5. You Will Make Memories

I think about the first time I gave a presentation in school. I was nervous, my voice quivered, I never looked up from my notes, and at one point I lost my train of thought. It took me several moments to get back on track. At the time, I felt so embarrassed. But I did it and I look at how far I've come since then. When you move out of your comfort zone, you will make many inspiring and sometimes funny memories that you will cherish forever.

6. You Just Might Find Your Passion

When you move out of your comfort zone, you will learn a lot about yourself. Your strengths and weaknesses; what you want and don't want in life. This can cause you stumble on (or perhaps reignite) a passion that you never knew you had.

7. You Are Likely To Create A Lifestyle From Your Passion

I have already established how inspiring and motivating moving out of comfort zone is. Once you discover your passion, you will no longer be afraid to chase your dreams. Warning! This can change your life in the best possible way.

You need discomfort and uncertainty to change and grow. Great things will happen when you take a leap of faith and try something new. When it's all said and done, you will have no regrets. The only regret you can have is never trying.

Thanks for reading, and good luck.

Ang




No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...