Pages

Thursday 25 May 2017

Want To Let Go Of A Thought, Fear, Or Worry? Read This For The One Thing You Need To Know.

You're worried that you won't have enough money to pay the bills next month? Accept it.

You haven't been feeling well lately. You think you might have cancer and you only have a few months left to live. Maybe so. A lot of people die of illness.

Your partner has been distant. You keep thinking that they are having an affair with one of their coworkers. So what? You will be able to find someone else too.

Have you ever had a thought, worry, or concern take over your life? Maybe it was one that I mentioned. Maybe it was something else. Either way, it takes over your life. It's literally all you can think about.

You probably google signs and symptoms. Maybe you keep replaying a scenario in your head over and over. You keep making assumptions.

I have been in this situation for almost my whole life. It gets to to the point where you would do anything to have a peace of mind. To get your life back.

I know that my responses to the above scenarios sound harsh. But this, acceptance, has been a pivotal point in my life.

I believe one of the reasons that we keep obsessing over things is because of the uncertainty. Not necessarily the outcome itself. And this uncertainty causes us to conjure up the worst case scenarios. I guarantee that if one of those situations were true, we would handle it with courage and confidence. People do all the time.

If you really want to put your worries/obsessions or whatever you want to call them to rest, you need to do one thing: accept it. Yes, it's scary and yes, it takes a leap of faith. But just try it. Look at all the possible outcomes to your troubles (good and bad) and accept them. Tell yourself that if this is how it's going to be, you will handle it. Remind yourself that the world will not spin out of orbit if your fears come to fruition. Tell yourself you will worry about it once it actually happens (it usually doesn't). People are put in challenging situations all the time. You (and me) are no exception to that. You just got to deal with it.

Once you accept all the possible outcomes, anxiety about the unknown goes away. It has no choice but to. They are polar opposite ways of thinking and feeling.

Accepting the unknown outcome was what really allowed me to change my thought process. It gave me so much mental clarity. I never thought I would make it to this point. But I did and you can certainly can too.

I hope you find this helpful.

Ang


I wrote another article on a similar topic. You might find it helpful:
https://confessionsofanawakenedyouth.blogspot.ca/2017/04/do-you-have-repetitive-distressing.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...