Pages

Tuesday 29 August 2017

A Cause Of Anxiety No One Talks About | Your Intuition

I was shopping yesterday and I overheard a conversation between two people. I'm not sure exactly what they were talking about but the woman said something along the lines of this: Listening to my intuition was a skill I needed to learn. It was challenging and it took some time for me to learn how to listen to my gut feeling.

That struck me as odd. I grew up with an intuition so strong that it felt like it was pulling me in a certain direction. I can't quit explain the feeling. It just exists within me, I guess.

But this got me thinking about my own experiences of following (or not following) my intuition. I started to see a common thread.

A few months back, me and my friend made plans for a road trip. Just a few days before we were suppose to leave, I worked a 48 hour shift which left me one day to prepare for a wedding and our trip. The next day was a family wedding and the day after that me and my friend were scheduled to leave.

I got up that morning to pack. I knew I didn't want to go. I knew I was exhausted. But I started packing anyways. I began to have a panic attack. I felt overcome, sick stomach, my heart started to race. All I wanted to do was climb in bed and cry.

I knew what I needed to do. I texted my friend and told her that I could not this. Fortunately she understood and went on without me. Upon cancelling my plans, my anxiety immediately lifted. I felt energized and exhilarated.

I'm not sure why but I was compelled to stay home that day. I don't know if it was because, as an extreme introvert, my body, mind, and soul was craving downtime. Or if it was because I needed to do something else such as work on my blog. Or if I was sensing a bad situation by going on that road trip. The possibilities are endless and I will probably never know.

The anxiety I experienced in that moment let me know full well what I ought to do. There was no second thoughts. No questioning the situation. I knew I needed to cancel my plans and I did just that.

This isn't my first time with this experience though. I remember me and my boyfriend were trying to decide between two apartments. One apartment was cheaper and more modern than the other. So it was kind of a no-brainer. We went with the cheaper, nicer looking apartment. I called the landlord and I told him I would be by with the damage deposit.

After the call, I had feelings of anxiety. That apartment, the landlord, or something else did not sit well with me. And I couldn't get the other apartment out of my head. I called my boyfriend in a state of panic and I explained the situation. I told him the idea of signing the lease gave me anxiety and made me feel stuck. He said "well, let's go with the other one then". My anxiety subsided after that.

My intuition does not always present itself as anxiety though. Sometimes it's just a feeling of knowing.

I do believe that everyone has a strong intuition. But I think a lot of people have become disconnected from themselves which results in them not understanding why they are experiencing certain sensations and feelings.

And I believe episodes of anxiety can often be the result of people not listening to their intuition.

I don't have any advice on how to become more in tune with yourself. This is because I never actively sought out how I should do that. But I know that I have done things which have certainly contributed to me understanding myself more. I will look into this further and share another time.

Right now, the only thing I want you to understand is that you do have a gut instinct. Everybody does. And if you have seemingly random episodes of panic or anxiety, there is a possibility you are not listening to your intuition.

Let me know what you guys think. Are you naturally intuitive? Or is this something that you have to work on?

Thanks for reading. And please share with someone you think could benefit from this :)

Ang



Here is a link to my previous blog:

What To Do When You Feel Jealous | Fast & Easy Way To Stop Feeling Jealous

More on anxiety:

Why You Will Never Be Completely Free Of Anxiety

Instant Cure For Anxiety | Quick Tip Entry # 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...