Pages

Monday 7 August 2017

How To Stop Cravings Instantly! | Quick Tip Entry # 5

Before we get into this blog... I know. I have been writing a lot of short blogs lately. I decided to increase the days I upload at the same time my work hours increased by about 30 hours a week. So a lot is happening.

I am working on longer entries but I don't want to publish them for the sake of having a longer blog here and there.

I'll find balance soon. Patience and perseverance is key.

 So... on to today's blog.

I wanted to talk about food.

I believe in the power of a healthy diet. I believe we are designed to feel happy and healthy and a pristine diet is one of the most crucial ways to achieve that.

I can't really preach though because my diet isn't perfect. I have cravings and I give in to them a lot. Personally, I find that giving into one craving starts a downward spiral of more cravings.

When I eat junk food, or food with little nutritional value, it doesn't matter how much I eat, I still don't feel full.Well, my stomach feels full but I can't stop eating.

I believe that's because the food is empty calories. They fill your stomach but it doesn't satisfy you in a cellular level. Every cell in your body needs and craves nutrition and that's why we still want more food despite having full stomachs. You keep craving more junk food (because it tastes good, it's comforting, and psychologically and physically addictive) and the cycle ensues.

I remember a couple of years ago I decided to trying eating a mostly raw vegan diet. I ate a plethera of fruit during the day and for supper I would have a cooked meal of pasta, stir fry, potatoes with little to no oil (I'll link a YouTube video for more info). I aimed to eat 2000 calories a day.

Something amazing happened when I did this.

I no longer had cravings. I wasn't just using will power of feeling strong. I had no desire to eat junk food after my meals and in the night. For the first time in my life, I felt satisfied.

It was a liberating experience. I recall feeling emotional. It was so nice to not have my cravings and hungry influenced by the "food" industry.

Last night I was having a craving for the cheesiest, refined carbed supper I could conjure up. I didn't eat right away though which gave me time to think. I realized that for these cravings to end, I need to properly fuel my body. And that it was up to me to make that choice.

So I made a smoothie. Two bananas, mango, wheat grass blend, protein powder. Yes, my cravings stopped. I felt great and I ended up completely an intense yoga practice.

So, my advice to satisfy cravings? Eat lots of calories from fruit and don't forget about your veggies

I hope this helps. And please don't be hard on yourself if make a mistake. It's all a learning process.

Ang

Here's a link to my last blog:

Instant Cure For Anxiety

And another food related blog here:

What Happens To Your Body When You Eat Unhealthy (Again)

Follow my social medias!

Instagram: the.awakened.youth
Twitter: Awakened_Youth1

Learn more about a mostly raw diet here:

How To Eat Raw Food Until Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...