Pages

Sunday 8 October 2017

My First Encounter With The "Paranormal" | Story Time

I'm a little late but happy October!

I have been MIA again. I'm horrible, I know. I have been thinking about it and I am going to go back to my original uploading schedule which is on Sunday and Wednesday. Having a schedule is the only way I can upload consistently, apparently.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I am trying to get a discussion forum up and running on this blog. You can expect to see everything from minimalism and diet to chakras and psychics. There are a few kinks to work out but when it's working, I'll let you know. And because of which, my blog is under construction.

I decided to do something a little different for this blog. I have been watching a lot of story times on YouTube. In particular, stories of people's experiences with the unknown. And since it's October, I figured why not! I am going to share one of my experiences with you. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was summer 2008 and I worked my first summer job as (more or less) an assistant secretary. The building had 3 adjoining and separate businesses. I worked in the middle one. The office was small. I worked at the front desk and there were 4 rooms off of the front desk. Two rooms were other offices and there was a lunch room and a bathroom.

There were two other women who worked there full time. They spent a lot of time out at meetings and visiting clients so I was left alone quite frequently.

One day I was there alone and I heard the sound of papers rustling in one of the offices. I never thought too much of it until I remembered that I was there alone. I went to investigate but I did not find anything. I wasn't too alarmed by this though. There are always new sounds in places that you are not familiar with. It could have been a draft of wind or a mouse. I went on about my business. I did hear this quite a bit in the 6 weeks that I worked there.

Anyways, I was having lunch with the women who worked there. We will call them Sarah and Catherine. I don't remember how we got on the topic, but I said that I have been hearing strange noises when I'm there alone. Sarah became intrigued and asked me what kind of noises so I told her my experiences. She then told me that strange things have happened to her at this office. Obviously I had to know more so Sarah told me some stories. There is only one story that I can remember accurately so that is the one that I will share:

Sarah told me that was at the office one night by herself as she sometimes does. At one point, She went to the bathroom and when she came out, the chair in Catherine's office was out in the doorway. She told me that she was there alone and she wasn't in any other room besides her office and the bathroom. There was no way for the chair to have moved from the desk to the doorway. Needless to say she got the hell of there real fast.

On a side note, it's interesting that the noises that I heard was coming from Catherine's office too.

From then on I would feel very freaked out when I was there by myself. But nothing out of the ordinary happened. Nothing that couldn't be explained away.

Fast forward to my last day on the job. It was late in the day and I was preparing to go. I took the key to the building off my key chain. I was soon about to bring it to Catherine's sister who worked at one of the next door businesses. I am an incredibly nervous person so I kept the key near me to ensure I wouldn't misplace it. It might seem irrelevant, but keep this detail in mind.

I must have been feeling brave that day because I wanted to have a paranormal experience. Nothing super terrifying. But I was curious and I wanted to know if there was something there. I can't remember if I said to myself or aloud that I wanted to have an experience. But I wanted whatever was there to connect with me somehow.

I took out my cell phone (a flip phone razor 😆) and I started to take pictures. I done this with the hopes of capturing something on my phone. (A real ghost hunter, I am). When I pointed my phone to the lunchroom, I went into a trance. It just felt like I was daydreaming (which is what I thought I was doing) so it wasn't startling. Then, before I came out my trance, a thought was planted into my head which said "the key is gone". It was so strange. It was like before I knew my key was gone, I knew my key was gone and I had to look for it. I shook myself out of this trance and I instantly began to look for my key. It was not in my hands, it was not on my desk, it was not in my purse, it was not in my pockets and I checked all over the floor. It was gone. I even went to the bathroom, took off every piece of clothes and felt it wondering if there was a hole in the seams of my pockets and the key fell into it. Nothing. It was such a bizarre experience.

I was suppose to drop off the key to Catherine's sister who worked in the business next door. She would give the key to Catherine or Sarah when they got back from their meeting.

What was I suppose to tell her? The key vanished into thin air? I didn't tell her all of the story but I did tell he the key disappeared and I had no idea where it went or how it happened. Her reaction was priceless. She was totally nonchalant about it and she told me that things like that happen there all of time and that it would show up eventually.

She was totally right about that. About a week later I came home from school and saw a key laid on top of the banister at my house. It was the key that went missing. I asked my mom where it came from and she told me she found it at the bottom of the laundry basket. I believe that the clothes I wore that day at work were in the basket, but my key was definitely not in any of my pockets. Crazy.

Stories like this scared me a lot when I was younger. Now that I am older and I embrace Spirituality, I realize that having encounters with the "unknown" is a natural part of life. The further I progress in my Spiritual practice, the more experiences I have.

I also want to point out that people who have such experiences often intuitively know when it's something that has a logical explanation versus one that cannot be logically explained. A few people told me that I must have overlooked the key and that I was overthinking the situation. At the time, I was insulted. So if someone confides in you, try to hear them out. With that being said, I understand that these things can make people uncomfortable. So be careful who you share your experiences with 😉.

If you have a story you want to share or you are looking for some advice, hit me up! My email should be in my profile or you can comment below.

Let you know if you want to hear more stories like this. Like this blog and leave a comment. It's so appreciated.

Ang



No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Increase Your Frequency

Hey guys. I hope this blog finds you well. Today I am writing about how to raise your vibrational frequency. If you are unsure what this me...